AKA what not to do...
We need to keep the forums friendly, so, occasionally, topic content will be moderated. This might mean anything from the light editing of some posts to complete removal of topics and deactivation of accounts. It should really go without saying, but the following are likely candidates for moderation:
- Forum members should not post their email addresses, ask others to post their email or solicit contacting people off of the forums.
- Plugin and theme authors may post their contact URL or even their email address in their own support sub-forum, but that should be a last resort thing.
- Forum members, including plugin and theme authors, should never ask for admin or FTP access to a server, MySQL, or WordPress installation.
- Harassment. This should be simple, but please don't harass or abuse people. Don't send them emails calling them names. Don't twitter stalk them.
- Spam and affiliate links, duplicate posts, offensive posts, posts without content, flames, and references to adult content that have not been highlighted as NSFW.
- Ask for help regarding premium themes/plugins. We do NOT support premium themes as you paid for their support when you bought it and it is not our place to keep vendors in business. If someone wants to help, that is fine.
- Posting in all caps. This is considered shouting and is rude. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. Every post is judged on its own merits.
And that's all. Enjoy your stay at the forums! Oh.. And, when you're done, please mark your topic as "Resolved". Thanks.