Arctic Grey, Inc. provides custom, web development and video production services to the public, where designs are built by company staff in-house or contracted to an outside firm. We have strict Polices in place that forbid, and hold accountable staff or outside contractors that intentionally use any content material 'knowingly' within our designs that could ultimately cause future infringements on a third parties intellectual property rights, (for example copyright, trademark, trade dress and right of publicity).
Today, there is an abundance of resources all over the web offering the use of their material, while indicating it to be "royalty-free" or "free-use". There has been an unfortunate and risky growing trend with these resources that are offering the free use of their material, and that is the fact that much of it is not "royalty-free" or "free-use" at all. In fact many of these resources claiming to have 'free-use' material, contain just the opposite, and that is 'copy written' or 'trademarked' material, not "free" as they are openly stating. This unfortunate trend is becoming a real serious epidemic in the design industry, ultimately exposing unaware users of this supposed 'free-use' material, into possible serious infringement consequences.
In light of this new, unfortunate and growing trend, we humbly request of intellectual property rights owners, to please contact us if they feel there has been an infringement upon their rights by our firm.
If you could please let us know if you feel your rights are being infringed upon as a result of one of our designs or outside contractors, and we will immediately (at our discretion) remove the design in question from public view and offering while we investigate the cause.
Immediately following the removal of the design, we will conduct an in-house investigation in efforts to discover what transpired leading to the possible infringement. If we do in fact discover there was an 'intentional' or 'obvious' careless use of protected material by one of our designers or outside contractors, they will be written up if it’s a first time occurrence, or terminated if it has been a repeated situation.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been intentionally infringed upon by one of our designer or outside contractors, please provide our Copyright Department with a notification that contains the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other rights that have been allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyright, trademark or other rights that have been allegedly infringed.
- The URL or product number(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise. Note that simply including “www.arcticgrey.com” is not sufficient to identify what you are objecting to; please include links to the specific design or designs.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right that is allegedly infringed.
Our Copyright Department may be reached by email at: email@example.com