Why Shipping is Important
Statistics heavily indicate that high shipping charges tend to discourage customers from completing the checkout process. By segmenting your shipping you can offer the right rate to the right region which will save you from losing money and encourage customers to commit and make a purchase. Also, you’ll be able to do things like only allow specific areas (also known as “zones”) to purchase from your online store, and work up to selling your products internationally.
How Shipping Works
Bigcommerce gives you a variety of ways to charge for shipping: local pick-up options, free shipping discounts, flat rates, fixed rates, weight-based rates, and real time shipping quotes. Our options are pretty robust. You’ll be able to choose what countries and states you want to ship to, what rates you’d like to offer and even do things like print shipping labels right from your control panel to save you time and money.
Bigcommerce University Videos
- Shipping: Zones and Charges | Bigcommerce University
- Shipping: Real Time Quotes | Bigcommerce University
- Shipping and Returns | Bigcommerce University
- Shipping Manager
- Creating Shipments
- Setting up USPS by Endicia
- Setting Up FedEx for Shipping Quotes
- Setting Up UPS® Real Time Shipping Quotes
- Setting Up Canada Post
- Setting Up Royal Mail
- Setting Up Australia Post
- Setting Up USPS Web Tools
- Setting Up a 'Local' or 'In-Store Pick Up' Shipping Method
- Setting Up a 'Flat Rate per Item / Order' Shipping Method
- Setting Up a 'Ship by Weight / Order Total' Shipping Method
- Setting Up a 'Real Time Shipping Quote' Shipping Method
- Setting Up ShipperHQ
- Printing Shipping Labels with USPS by Endicia
- Understanding the Shipping Calculator
- Resources for Shipping with USPS
- Resources for Shipping with FedEx
- Resources for Shipping with UPS
- Resources for Shipping with Canada Post
- Resources for Shipping with Royal Mail
- Resources for Shipping with Australia Post
- How do I use ShipWorks with my Bigcommerce store?
- How do I change the Unable to Ship to this Location message on checkout?
- Community Advice: Shipping Tips and Best Practices
- Testing Shipping, Tax and Payment Settings
- Error: Your selected shipping method is no longer valid
- Error: Unfortunately one or more items in your cart cannot be shipped to your location
- Troubleshooting | Real Time Shipping Quotes
Have a specific question or issue? Check out some shipping discussions in our Community Forum. Post your question and speak directly to other business owners, Bigcommerce Staff and Partners who specialize in this area. It’s likely someone just like you has already been there.
The modifications shared here are not officially supported by the Bigcommerce Development or Technical Support teams. Bigcommerce cannot guarantee their accuracy and is not responsible for any unintended consequences that may arise from their attempted use. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
- How to change the logo on the printed invoice or packing slip
- How to force the same address for both shipping and billing
- How to preselect a single shipping option and skip the "Choose shipping" step
- How to protect against PO boxes in the shipping address
- Troubleshooting Shipping Quotes
Find an App
Looking to solve for a specific business pain point you're having? Check out the shipping section of our App Store. You'll find apps that can help you save time and energy, streamline your process, organize inventory and so much more for only few dollars a month.
Note that many of our apps have a free trial period so you may take it for a test drive before committing.